Blog Journal #9

 My experience with distance learning has been quite an up and down experience. I do enjoy not having to leave my room in order to attend class and my professors being so flexible and understanding of the situation. On the other hand it is hard because I do not have a break away from my computer when it comes to school, group assignments are very hard, it is easy to get worried that you are missing assignments because you can't find them on the website, and I have not yet gotten to experience life on a university campus. All in all, it is obtainable for now because it is necessary, but I am looking forward to the day I can attend classes in person. 

Open Educational Resources, or OER, is making whatever accessible educational content you have and putting it out across the internet for other educators to find and use. The information that is found can be remoulded to make it something different from its original. Then you can redistribute that information again. https://www.k12.wa.us/student-success/learning-standards-instructional-materials/open-educational-resources/suggested-oer-sites is a website organised for this exact purpose. It has links to many different OER websites specified for what you're looking for.

The last two power points I did for this class have really expanded my knowledge of how to use power point and create them. I learned how to disable clicking through it(like a kiosk), add buttons to navigate to different slides, and how to put a voice over on the powerpoint. I did not think I would ever learn how to do these things, but now that I know how to do them, I am excited for my future classroom where I can make even more of these! Here is a screenshot of my assignments.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #1

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #7