Blog Journal #8

 Last week I got to create a web design for a fake teacher online page. I really enjoyed doing this assignment and imagining what I will put in my future website as a teacher. I learned how to make an calendar where I can put all of the assignments, tests, announcements, etc. for my students to keep themselves organised and also how to make a website overall because I have never made one before. I did not know to create tabs or buttons to manoeuvre to each page. http://msamandakroecker.weebly.com

Working with Diigo has been a challenging, yet enlightening experience. It is certainly a site I would have never used if not for this class. It taught me how to create annotations on websites and add sticky notes, although it took me a little while to figure out how it worked. Although I enjoyed learning about this website and how to use it, I can honestly say that it is something I will not be using on my own time in the future.

Technology has advanced at an alarming and also impressive rate over the past several years, including the educational technology realm. The time we are in right now, having to do all classes online has shown just how far technology has come. School is entirely online, communicating through zoom, email, class websites, etc. If this pandemic were to have occurred 10 years ago, I doubt transitioning to online schooling could have been possible. https://medium.com/@KeithKrach/13-of-the-latest-trends-in-educational-technology-e2368e36f7a0 - This sight gives 13 of the latest trends in Educational Technology, and I think that, as a teacher, the way to stay informed on advancements of technology is to simply look it up or have social media accounts where you can always find information on what is happening in the education world.

Comments

  1. Hey Amanda! I looked over your website for my participation portfolio and I think it looks really good! You organized it really well and everything is easily accessible. I think you did a great job adhering to contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I think your website is very well designed and styled. I especially like the addition of color in the background to contrast with the white of the rest of the page. The other pages on the website follow the same principles, and all add pops of color in different ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #7