Blog Journal #5

 In this class we were to make a twitter to interact with other students and teachers to learn how we can use technology to branch out as teachers in the future. I have not yet started to use this twitter account to do this. The past few weeks have been busy with assignments and I am trying to stay on top of things that have a dead set due date, so I will do the twitter assignments soon. I do however, see as I scroll through my feed of my account every so often how others are using it to learn and communicate in the education field and that is what I will do in the future. 

Digital Divide is the different type of obstacles that stand between students and their access to internet and using technology online. These obstacles can include things like students live in an area with bad internet connection, they don't have access to technology because of unfortunate financial circumstances, visual disabilities, etc. As far as internet issues and not having access to technology, it can be hard to find places like libraries to go do schoolwork especially in times like these where many places are closed due to the pandemic. For students who may have visual issues like partial blindness and things of that sort, they may not have the technology at home to read things on their computer and might not have people around to help them. For both of those circumstances, it can be damaging to their success because even though they are intellectually capable of doing their assignments well, the issues at home prevent them from doing so, which is not their fault. 

Academic software is a great resource to get students engaged in the classroom to make learning fun and make sure they are actually absorbing the lesson. For me, when I become a future teacher, I am going to use fun academic games like Kahoot and coolmathgames.com because I had such a great experience using them when I was younger in school. They are great tools to test knowledge and make a game out of what they are learning. This makes the lessons fun for the kids and creates a desire to continue to learn because they are enjoying it through these softwares. I would also like to note that I will also always be searching for new learning software that may be put out in the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #7