Blog Journal #2


There are many digital platforms used in education specifically including Microsoft Word. Although I personally have always used google docs, I am definitely familiar with the platform and have used it a couple times before. I've used it for essays and assignments when my teacher preferred it. I like google docs more because it's under my google account and I can pull it up anywhere and there is also the amazing feature where you can share your document and allow others to edit on it.

Although I agree with all of the standards that were talked about, I would say the most important is the learner standard. With the times moving as fast as they are in technological advances I think it is especially important for educators to constantly keep themselves updated and learn how to further include technology into their lesson plans and strategies. Going through the pandemic right now is as prime example, we have to learn online, so if educators have been actively keeping themselves up to date with how technology can be used in education, then the transition to online learning should be much easier. Not only that but also to always add more knowledge of whatever topic they are teaching about because policies and education is always changing.

I agree with the terms 'digital natives' and 'digital immigrants'. The first is people born in the time period where they grew up with technology and had access to it, whereas the second one is people born in earlier times where they were not introduced to technology until adulthood or later. In my experience my peers have always been able to figure out how to use and adjust to all different types of softwares and platforms and also any new type of technology that has been released. Whereas the people I know who are my parents age and above have always needed help figuring out things as simple as sending a picture over text to posting on facebook and filing their taxes online. I think this is true because people who are my age have always had that base knowledge of how it works so we can learn and understand faster, but the digital immigrants are not as familiar and have not known it their whole life so they do not have that base knowledge to work from.

Title: Forms in Google Docs
URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18090920@N07/5916398367
Author: Sean MacEntee Sean MacEntee
Licence: CC BY 2.0
URL: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/?ref=ccsearch&atype=rich
 

Comments

  1. I completely agree with you when it comes to preferring Google Docs over MS Word. I think it is so much easier to navigate and use Google Docs, and being able to have multiple people viewing or editing a document is a great feature! I also think it is super important for teachers to keep themselves updated. I also like your point where you said if teachers keep themselves up to date with technology, then the switch to online learning should be easier. I couldn't agree more when you said how our parents always need help with sending a photo or posting to social media. It's honestly so funny when my mom or dad comes up to me and asks for help on their phone because it's second nature to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #1

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #7